Friday, March 16, 2012

Freak Me Out Friday

This week on Freak Me Out Friday, the thing that freaks me out me out is...



Parallel parking! 

I have barely done this since my driving test...usually I get very anxious and flustered when attempted to parallel park.  Sometime I cry...actually, I always cry a little bit on the inside.

The mere act of having to parallel park my car completely freaks me out.  Valet was invented for a reason...Seriously...and it was so I do not have Parallel Park and experience this:
  
<Here>

In fact, most of the time if anyone is in the car with me, I need them to park for me. I will legitimately get out of the car and switch seats with a passenger so I do not have to do it myself.

If I am by myself, then I ask someone on the street to yell out what to do as I attempt to horribly park. If I have to do it myself, I am often crooked or too far from the curb.  Utter disaster...

However, today, I had to park my car downtown...magically, I was able to parallel park on my own! No one was with me and no one was in the street for me to ask for help.  I had to grit my teeth and go for it...and that I did. I was so happy I even took a photo of it.

Check it out!

Photo From My Camera

I actually parallel parked somewhat decently on my own!  I am very excited and proud of myself...Those of you who know me...you know that this is a huge accomplishment!

It still freaks me out though; I fear the next time I will have to actually attempt this again. 

Anyone have fun plans for the weekend?  Anyone else have issues parallel parking or a good story about parallel parking?

No comments:

Post a Comment