Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday Tips: Cooking Edition

This is a recipe I like to make in my slow cooker. I adapted it from a recipe I found (sited below) and it always turns out really well. You do not have to follow the recipe exactly as it is easy to alter to taste...I do that sometimes, depending on who I am cooking for and for how many people.


Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
*Note, I have a nice sized crock pot, so you might want to change amounts depending on how big your slow cooker is.*

  • 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast (you can also do this with wings  <even though they have skin on them its fine> to make BBQ wings....I've done it a few times. Delicious!)
  • 2 (12 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (Make sure it has a molasses base! I like to use a mix of two sauces like Sweet Baby http://www.sweetbabyrays.com/ Rays and Jack Daniels http://www.jackdanielssauces.com/ Feel free to change up the sauces though.  I change them depending on what I can get my hands on at the grocery store that day or what flavors I am going for.  Use the flavors you like best!)
  • 1 cup Italian salad dressing
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

  • Put all of the liquid items into your slow cooker and mix together.  Add extra brown sugar, extra BBQ sauce or extra anything to taste.

    Once you have the sauce right, add the chicken and let the slow cooker do the work!  Keep it on medium for about 4 hours and them low for another hour.  Sometimes I will let it cook longer.

    You can also take a fork and pull the chicken after about 4 hours.  This gives you a great pulled chicken dinner!

    I have never heard a complaint from my adapted recipe and it is extremely easy to make. 

    Add some nice coleslaw and put it on a slider roll for a delicious pulled chicken slider!

    I got the base for this recipe from one of my favorite sites http://allrecipes.com/
    and I adapted it to my own style after reading the comments, adapting to the size of my slow cooker and getting feedback from friends.

    Try making it and let me know what you think!

    If you would like to see the original recipe, you can find it here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/zesty-slow-cooker-chicken-barbecue/detail.aspx

    No comments:

    Post a Comment