Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tuesday's Tips

From now on, I will be posting a "tip" every Tuesday.

These tips can be for cooking (such as a recipes that turned out really well or useful items to use in the kitchen), life in general, hair/fashion...anything really! It doesn't even have to be a "tip" per-se, just maybe a little lesson or idea.  If you have any suggestions on what you would like to hear tips on, please let me know!
I hope you enjoy....


Today's Tip:

Try to stay positive and proactive....

When you have a ton of crap going on and things seem to be heading downhill, especially when you are overwhelmed and everything seems to be going wrong at once...try not to focus on all of the things going wrong.  Instead, focus on what is positive and what you can learn from the situation or what you can do to turn the situation around.  Remember you have a network of friends and family that love and support you, so if you are feeling blue, turn to someone for some cheering up!

I know it is  a lot easier said than done...I do not look at the positives all the time and get frustrated.  However, if I realize I am being a bitch or if I am in a really bad mood, I do try to turn things around a but...usually. Sometimes I just do not deal, and we all do that....but here are some ideas for what you can do when you do want to turn your frown upside down...or just get your mind off things:

Everyone has stuff going on and everyone has a shitty day or week here and there and it is totally okay to have these rough patches!  who doesn't have them?  But sometimes, when it becomes overwhelming, just try and stay positive and do what you can proactively to better the situation/yourself/etc. No matter how big or small your problem might be, this all applies. There is always someone to talk to about it, not mater what someone is there to listen and encourage you.  Go to the gym to take your mind of things, go for a jog or run, go look at puppies at the pet store, take an adventure, get away for the weekend or take a day trip just to get away for a little bit.  TRY TO HAVE FUN!  Take up a new hobby, go shopping, talk things out with a friend....all ways to make you feel better and see the light at the end of the tunnel!  Chances are, you will end up enjoying yourself and things won't seems as bad anymore.


Also, this made laugh today...
Funny Friendship Ecard: As someone perpetually flailing in my own relationships, allow me to offer some advice on your relationship.

On another note, here are some blogs and sites I have been checking out/keeping up with lately:

http://www.thesagaofatwentysomething.com/
http://cfredrickdesignstudio.blogspot.com/
http://www.sporcle.com/
http://www.skinnytaste.com/
http://theoatmeal.com/
http://yourather.com/

There are a whole bunch of others.  Those are just a few examples...I will post more material that I enjoy in the future.  In the meantime, I hope you check out what I have posted so far and enjoy them as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment